Thursday 26 February 2015

Hobbies – Getting the Most out of Life

No comments :
If you’ve been in New Zealand for a long time, chances are, you will be into a variety of hobby activities – be it sports, entertainment, or travelling. And my family and I are no different. There are a variety of activities that tickle our fancy.

Sports Galore!

As Aucklanders, sports are among our favorite pastimes. Auckland is famous for cricket, rugby, tennis, football, sailing and more. And we locals can’t get enough of them.

Sailing has been a passion of mine for many years. A trip on the boat is just what I need to de-stress and relax. For my family, taking the boat out is a lot of fun, because we always try and find a nice, calm spot where we can drop anchor and go fishing.

I’m proud to say I have caught a few a beautiful snappers and crayfish, which we have enjoyed over a nice barbie (that’s barbeque, not the doll). Tennis is also a sport I enjoy playing. The beautiful Auckland morning weather creates the perfect atmosphere to put on my sports shoes, grab the tennis racket, and go a few rounds on the court.



Let’s Fly Away

Travelling for the family and I has become more than a passion. We ensure that we visit a new place every time we plan a trip abroad.

I have travelled quite a bit around Europe. My UK connection (I worked in Essex for three years) led me to travel across the continent, and learn more about the various cultures, histories, and of course, the food.

While Europe is a favorite, we also love going to countries where we will get a lot of sun and sand (maybe we’re looking for a piece of home elsewhere).

The country that is most special to us is Hawaii. Its beautiful beaches, lovely people, amazing food, and historic culture are some things that we identify with to a great extent. Also, the Polynesian connection makes us feel at home.

We travelled to Maldives on one occasion, and we were simply astonished by its beauty. The stunning beaches, crystal clear water, and numerous fish delicacies have made such a mark on us, we can’t wait to go back.

I have also travelled to India many times. I think it is a beautiful country, and one trip is never enough as there is so much to see.

But it’s Not Just about Hobbies…

…The truth is, these activities are just one of the many reasons that I can spend time with my family. After all, you can’t truly enjoy success or happiness if you don’t have a family to share it with.

No comments :

Post a Comment